Issues with iOS 16 AppIntents after building app with iOS 17 SDK

I'm running into a couple of breaking issues with AppIntents for which I just submitted feedbacks. I figured I'd post them on the forum too for good measure.

FB12701143 - @IntentParameterDependency causing crashes in all AppIntents with Entity Queries on iOS 16

I have a pre-existing AppIntent with its own EntityQuery that works just fine on iOS 16. I've built a totally separate intent only available in iOS 17 that makes use of a new entity and a new query using @IntentParameterDependency, but now the original intent crashes after building and running the app on an iOS 16 device with the latest Xcode beta. The line it crashes on is the initializer of the iOS 17-only EntityQuery, even though 1) it shouldn't be able to see it and 2) that EntityQuery isn't involved in the crashing intent.

This breaks significant functionality in my AppIntents, and I'm hoping this is a bug rather than a framework limitation. The feedback includes a sample project, crash log, and sysdiagnose.

FB12701491 - iOS 17-only CustomIntentMigratedAppIntent stops SiriKit intent equivalent from working on iOS 16

I have a SiriKit intent in my app that I was not able to convert to an AppIntent until iOS 17 because it makes use of an @IntentParameterDependency. However, even though the new AppIntent version is marked as only available in iOS 17 and above, once I conform it to CustomIntentMigratedAppIntent and provide the old intent’s class name, it stops working on iOS 16 devices with an error that the shortcut is unavailable on that device.

The CustomIntentMigratedAppIntent should respect the iOS 17 availability annotation and leave the SiriKit intent alone since its migrated replacement isn’t available on iOS 16.

The feedback includes a sample project illustrating the issue.

• Both of these are still an issue when building with Xcode 15 beta 5.

Add a Comment

Replies

did you find a solution? I’m running into the issue even with xcode 14.1.