CoreML Converter Missing Tensorflow Package

I am trying to convert my Tensorflow 2.0 model to a CoreML model so I can deploy it to a mobile app. However, I continually get the error:

ValueError: Converter was called with source="tensorflow", but missing tensorflow package

I am working in a virtual environment with Python 3.7, Tensorflow 2.11, and Coremltools 5.3.1. I had saved the Tensorflow model by using tensorflow.saved_model.save and was attempting to convert the model with the following:

import coremltools as ct

image_input = ct.ImageType(shape=(1, 250, 250, 3,),
                           bias=[-1,-1,-1], scale=1/255)

classifier_config = ct.ClassifierConfig(['Billy','Not_Billy'])

core_model = ct.convert(
    <path_to_saved_model>,
    convert_to='mlprogram',
    inputs=[image_input],
    classifier_config=classifier_config,
    source='tensorflow'
)

I keep receiving this error:

---------------------------------------------------------------------------
ValueError                                Traceback (most recent call last)
/var/folders/7n/vj_bf6q122bg43h_xm957hp80000gn/T/ipykernel_11024/1565729572.py in 
      6     inputs=[image_input],
      7     classifier_config=classifier_config,
----> 8     source='tensorflow'
      9 )

~/Documents/Python/.venv/lib/python3.7/site-packages/coremltools/converters/_converters_entry.py in convert(model, source, inputs, outputs, classifier_config, minimum_deployment_target, convert_to, compute_precision, skip_model_load, compute_units, package_dir, debug, pass_pipeline)
    466     _validate_conversion_arguments(model, exact_source, inputs, outputs_as_tensor_or_image_types,
    467                                    classifier_config, compute_precision,
--> 468                                    exact_target, minimum_deployment_target)
    470     if pass_pipeline is None:

~/Documents/Python/.venv/lib/python3.7/site-packages/coremltools/converters/_converters_entry.py in _validate_conversion_arguments(model, exact_source, inputs, outputs, classifier_config, compute_precision, convert_to, minimum_deployment_target)
    722         if exact_source == "tensorflow" and not _HAS_TF_1:
    723             raise ValueError(
--> 724                 'Converter was called with source="tensorflow", but missing ' "tensorflow package"
    725             )

ValueError: Converter was called with source="tensorflow", but missing tensorflow package

Replies

EDIT: This issue is happening on a 2021 MacBook Pro with the M1 Pro chip and Ventura 13.4 MacOS