The contents of the SDK privacy manifest file cannot be verified in the privacy report of an app that incorporates the SDK.

I've set up a privacy manifest file in my SDK, which I'm developing in Xcode 15 beta 4, and built an xcframework. I verified that PrivacyInfo.xcprivacy exists in the xcframework.

In state verifying the existence of PrivacyInfo.xcprivacy in xcframework, I incorporated the built xcframework into a test app for operation check, created an archive, and outputted a report from "Generate Privacy Report".

Despite having a privacy manifest file set up in the test app, when I checked the report, I was able to confirm the contents of the test app's privacy manifest file but not the contents of the privacy manifest file I configured in the SDK.

I understand that the SDK's privacy manifest file is merged with and outputted from the privacy manifest file of a project that incorporates the SDK. Am I mistaken?

Post not yet marked as solved Up vote post of n-work Down vote post of n-work
1.7k views
  • hi @n-work Did you find any solution on above issue?

Add a Comment

Replies

so do i. I wrote a query too, but let me know if there is a solution.

https://developer.apple.com/forums/thread/734971

The generated privacy report only includes nutrition labels from dynamics libraries and SDK resource bundles. If the privacy manifest file is in a static library instead of in a associated bundle, then the privacy report generator is not able to find it.

If the 3rd party SDK is integrated as source code and its privacy manifest is not in a bundle, then the SDK privacy manifest might overwrite the app privacy manifest in the product app package.

• So how to add a privacy manifest file in an associated bundle, so that it will appear in the report. Could you please give any references?

Add a Comment