Framework compatible issue

Hello everybody, I am a junior on iOS app development with Swift and Xcode IDE. I want to ask about the framework compatible issue.

I got a framework called "RFIDBleFramework" which provided by vendor and this framework can help connecting to a RFID device and function well. After imported this framework to my project and build, I got the following error:

"Failed to build module 'RFIDBleFramework'; this SDK is not supported by the compiler (the SDK is built with 'Apple Swift version 5.7.2 (swift-5.7.2-RELEASE)', while this compiler is 'Apple Swift version 5.7.2 (swiftlang-5.7.2.135.5 clang-1400.0.29.51)'). Please select a toolchain which matches the SDK."

I want to know whether that means xcode for the same major, minor, and patch version of Swift(in this case, 5.7.2) still not compatible? Or I have some mistakes on import a framework?

Sorry for my poor English, if there are some additional information required, I am willing to provide. Thank you for helping.

My xcode version: Version 14.2 (14C18)

Answered by hieuleuxuan in 761216022

The error message you received indicates that the version of the "RFIDBleFramework" you have imported into your Xcode project was built using Swift 5.7.2, while your Xcode compiler is also Swift 5.7.2. However, it seems that the build toolchain (the compiler and related tools) used to build the framework is not exactly matching the one in your Xcode installation.

Swift versions typically consist of three parts: major, minor, and patch versions. In this case, both the SDK (framework) and your Xcode are using the same Swift version 5.7.2, which means they should be compatible.

However, the error message mentions that the specific Swift versions used to build the SDK and the Xcode compiler are slightly different:

The SDK (RFIDBleFramework) was built with 'Apple Swift version 5.7.2 (swift-5.7.2-RELEASE)'. The Xcode compiler you have is 'Apple Swift version 5.7.2 (swiftlang-5.7.2.135.5 clang-1400.0.29.51)'. The part in parentheses indicates the exact build version of Swift. In a perfect world, it shouldn't matter, and minor differences like these shouldn't cause compatibility issues. However, in some cases, small differences can lead to issues due to specific changes or updates made in the compiler.

To resolve this issue, you can try the following steps:

• Check if there are any updates available for Xcode. Sometimes, updating Xcode to the latest version can fix compatibility issues.

• If an update is not available, you can try reaching out to the vendor who provided the "RFIDBleFramework" and inquire if they have a version of the framework that was specifically built using the same Swift compiler version as your Xcode (swiftlang-5.7.2.135.5 clang-1400.0.29.51).

• Double-check that you imported the framework correctly into your Xcode project. Ensure that you followed the vendor's instructions for integration.

• If you have access to the source code of the framework, you might consider trying to build it using your Xcode and the same toolchain as your project. This way, you can ensure that the framework is built with the exact same Swift compiler version as your project.

Accepted Answer

The error message you received indicates that the version of the "RFIDBleFramework" you have imported into your Xcode project was built using Swift 5.7.2, while your Xcode compiler is also Swift 5.7.2. However, it seems that the build toolchain (the compiler and related tools) used to build the framework is not exactly matching the one in your Xcode installation.

Swift versions typically consist of three parts: major, minor, and patch versions. In this case, both the SDK (framework) and your Xcode are using the same Swift version 5.7.2, which means they should be compatible.

However, the error message mentions that the specific Swift versions used to build the SDK and the Xcode compiler are slightly different:

The SDK (RFIDBleFramework) was built with 'Apple Swift version 5.7.2 (swift-5.7.2-RELEASE)'. The Xcode compiler you have is 'Apple Swift version 5.7.2 (swiftlang-5.7.2.135.5 clang-1400.0.29.51)'. The part in parentheses indicates the exact build version of Swift. In a perfect world, it shouldn't matter, and minor differences like these shouldn't cause compatibility issues. However, in some cases, small differences can lead to issues due to specific changes or updates made in the compiler.

To resolve this issue, you can try the following steps:

• Check if there are any updates available for Xcode. Sometimes, updating Xcode to the latest version can fix compatibility issues.

• If an update is not available, you can try reaching out to the vendor who provided the "RFIDBleFramework" and inquire if they have a version of the framework that was specifically built using the same Swift compiler version as your Xcode (swiftlang-5.7.2.135.5 clang-1400.0.29.51).

• Double-check that you imported the framework correctly into your Xcode project. Ensure that you followed the vendor's instructions for integration.

• If you have access to the source code of the framework, you might consider trying to build it using your Xcode and the same toolchain as your project. This way, you can ensure that the framework is built with the exact same Swift compiler version as your project.

Framework compatible issue

Q