Xcode 15 Beta 6 and watchOS beta 5: OS version lower than deployment target

The correct OS version is not able to be fetched from Xcode.

It either says Connecting to Apple Watch or Waiting to reconnect to Apple Watch in the devices tab.

I tried to use older betas of Xcode too, but they result in the same error.

I am using the Apple Watch SE (first gen)

I've tried Xcode 15 beta 6 with a watchOS series 5 on OS 9.6 and a series 8 on OS 10.0 beta, none work. I get "Waiting of connection" on OS 10 and "Unsupported wire protocol version: This host does not support the wire protocol version implemented by the device." on OS 9.6

Unpaired, repaired, reset - did everything. Nothing works.

FB12925643

Is problem solved in RC? I still experience same problem in 15A240d

I've got this issue as well

Same issue here.

Previews of most complications and Lock Screen circular or rectangular widgets don't work, so I have to rely on the Simulator - and that's an exercise in frustration in itself since Xcode refuses to pair a Watch Simulator with an iOS Simulator properly.

I need to deploy to a device to confirm everything works, but I can't.

Why do Apple let Xcode out of the building with these showstopper bugs?

Same here. It just says "Connecting to Apple Watch" and then after a few seconds it changes to "Waiting to reconnect to Apple Watch". After approximately a minute it starts it over. This makes my M1 MacBook Pro very hot even when sits idle.

Same problem , I'm using Watch 3, OS 8.8.1

Same problem. Using XCode 15 with an iPhone SE and a Apple Watch Series 4. Really want to be able to build to the physical Apple Watch, rather than the simulator.

Found a workaround that is working for me (XCode 15, Apple Watch Series 4, Sonoma 14.0 / MacBook Pro 2021).

If running on ethernet (I am), then:

1. On your Mac goto System Settings -> (type in) Internet Sharing -> Toggle "Internet Sharing" and generate a wifi network from your Mac.

2. Connect your iPhone and Apple Watch to the created Wifi Network.

3. XCode should now recognize the Apple Watch.

Cheers :)

Select Wi-fi on Watch

Xcode 15 Beta 6 and watchOS beta 5: OS version lower than deployment target

Q