Need clarification for necessity of Privacy Manifest for Swift Packages

Hello everyone,

According toPrivacy manifest files | Apple Developer Documentation, the following targets require a privacy manifest:

Apps and third-party SDKs — distributed as XCFrameworks, Swift packages, or framework bundles — can contain a privacy manifest file, named PrivacyInfo.xcprivacy.

From this statement, I know "Swift packages" are included under "third-party SDKs". However I'm not clear what kind of "Swift packages" are considered as "third-party SDKs".

Referring to the answer, Digital signatures available for S… | Apple Developer Forums, it's mentioned that digital signatures is focused on binaries. From this, I understand that Privacy manifest is mandatory for Swift packages containing binaries.

However, I'm unclear about the necessity of the Privacy manifest in the following two scenarios, for example:

• Is a privacy manifest required for open-source Swift packages that only provide source code?
  • For local swift packages used within an app (like for modularization) that contain only source code, is a privacy manifest necessary?

If anyone is familiar with this, your insights would be greatly appreciated.

Post not yet marked as solved Up vote post of SCENEE Down vote post of SCENEE