Apple Vision Pro and Radiology for diagnostic viewing and interpretation

Will Apple Vision Pro support medical imaging diagnostic software such as Horos or Osirix. I am really curious if radiologist will be able to view and manipulate. interpret exams with this headset with ease and use built in microphone for voice recognition/dictation while using hands to manipulate the imaging and also simultaneously being able to view report in field of view. This could really unlock some major potential for interpreting at least CT, Ultrasound and MRI exams. I don't think the resolution will be high enough to interpret diagnostic x-rays and definitely not mammograms due to MQSA regulations and physicist inspections requiring more detail and information. However, I want to be at the forefront of bringing in Vision Pro headsets in the medical imaging space with rel utilization in clinical practices. It may also be beneficial for patients who are curious to see their medical imaging or even as headsets to use while undergoing medical imaging outpatient biopsy procedures for ******/etc to help put them at ease during the procedures. This could really provide patient satisfaction and I think we are scratching the surface on a world of possibilities in healthcare with devices like this. Upon utilixation, I would like to creat presentation series and share information with my Radiology colleagues at national/international meetings.

Post not yet marked as solved Up vote post of radiologius Down vote post of radiologius
1.4k views
  • Ok - would love to contact - unsure how via forum/DM.

I would like to work in collaboration to bring headsets to medical imaging practices for improved patient care and clinical quality. Apple Vision Pro could unlock a lot of hidden potential in this space.

Add a Comment

Replies

Contact me.

I'm not sure if this applies or what you're looking for, but currently I am inventing a new ultrasound unit that may involve the Vision goggles. I have gained patents for this and now waiting for engineering to jump on this and see if we can get it going. My VISION for Vision probably far exceeds Apple's idea for Vision. However, my invention, I would like to take it light years ahead of its time.

Hope this helps.