Xcode 15 will not connect to ios17 device via network

I'm unable to debug on iPhone 12 running iOS 17 beta 3 via network. I'm running Xcode 15 beta 6

Device shows in devices and simulators and I can debug when connected with cable.

However the "Connect Via Network" option is frayed out, oddly however the checkbox is ticked

I'm developing a app using RoomPlan so network connectivity is a must for debugging

Anyone else encountered this and know how to get around this problem

Other devices running iOS 16 connect via network just fine

• Its been a month and no reply to this. Please let me know how you solved it?

I had very smooth setup of iOS 16.6.1 device and Xcode untill i got Xcode 15.0 Release and iOS 17.0 on same day. Now only iOS 17 emulator works and 100% same situation happens as u described. i.e. Greyed out "Connect via Network" and its already ticked. There is a work around but it only works on Xcode not on android studio. So there is no way for me to debug the app.

• iOS 17 emulator? Is that the same as simulator?

Add a Comment

Replies

In case anyone else should encounter this problem.

Simply disconnect the USB cable. The network icon will appear next to your device in Devices And Simulators list of connected devices. And lo and behold you can debug via network. Curiously the "Connect Via Network" option is still greyed out

This only applies to an iOS 17 device. My iOS 16 devices continue to display and behave as they did in Xcode 14

• I also had this problem, the solution was to clear the trusted machines in the phone's Developer Settings, connect my MacBookPro to the phone's hotspot, add a device in the "Devices & Simulators" window. Then connect the USB-C > Lightning cable, select the iPhone in the list on Xcode's Devices window, click next and then respond to the "Trust This Computer" alert on the phone. Only with that combination did I get it to work! Took an hour of fiddling :(

Add a Comment

had a similar issue, and this worked for me:

1. unpair the device -> window / Device and Simulators -> right tap on the device and hit unpair
  2. change the Thunderbolt 4 (USB-C) port you are using
  3. pair the device again - connect with cable, trust, enter code..
  4. run the app again

Hey guys, just to add to the conversation, because I have also been struggling with my 17.2 iPad and XCode 15...

What I have found is that my PIA VPN was not well-liked by the process. So if I had it connected on the mac or iPad, it seemed to cause these weird errors (like could not find XCode extension, developer tools not installed, etc).

If you are in a similar boat, try going into your VPN and disabling that before connecting and deploying.