Paste Permission Localisation Bug ? Can we override this permission localisation ?

When I am about to access the clipboard, the apple paste permission will prompt and ask for permission. But the localisation seem won't change the language if I change the phone language ?

Scenario : If my phone at "English" Language for the first time, the paste permission will prompt in "English" which is correct, but then I switch the phone language to "Spanish", the paste permission prompt still in "English".

I need to restart the phone, then only the prompt permission will be appear in "Spanish" language. If I switch back to "English", the prompt still remain in "Spanish" Language until I restart the phone.

Any way we can override this in plist like other privacy permission ? Or this is a known bugs ?

In iOS 16.6

I will attached the screenshot. Anyone can answer and help on this? Thank you so much.

Accepted Reply

Paste prompts using an incorrect localization to display the alert is a known issue and will be resolved in a future software release. That being said, using the edit menu to paste should not normally prompt the paste alert; please file a feedback through Feedback Assistant with reproducible steps (or a sample project) to help us diagnose why it is showing here.

• @andyl_ Thank you for your answer. That one is a custom menu which accessing the clipboard to show this alert for incorrect localisation.

• @niewsicpa If this is a custom paste action, please use the UIActionPaste identifier on your UIAction to allow the system to configure your paste action to be treated as a system paste to avoid seeing the alert.

Add a Comment

Replies

Paste prompts using an incorrect localization to display the alert is a known issue and will be resolved in a future software release. That being said, using the edit menu to paste should not normally prompt the paste alert; please file a feedback through Feedback Assistant with reproducible steps (or a sample project) to help us diagnose why it is showing here.

• @andyl_ Thank you for your answer. That one is a custom menu which accessing the clipboard to show this alert for incorrect localisation.

• @niewsicpa If this is a custom paste action, please use the UIActionPaste identifier on your UIAction to allow the system to configure your paste action to be treated as a system paste to avoid seeing the alert.

Add a Comment