Vision Pro Camera | Outside view access?

Hi,

Allow me to explain the use case.

I have a business app that makes use of camera to scan (QR codes), and it also makes use of a handheld gun to scan barcodes.

I need assistance on how can I use either of above two on Vision Pro (Vision OS)? I have gone through the WWDC23 video, and the documentation as well on what is available @ camera and what isn't.

However, Is it possible to have access to the outside view using RealityView or any other 3D component? Or using existing classes to see what's outside and render it on the UI or any probable workaround on how to achieve this?

Any help is appreciated.

Thanks,

Lokesh Sehgal

Replies

As far as apple docs states which are in beta phase now and also in Xcode beta version for VisionOS that there is no outside access to camera view in ARView API. Camera is handled from within ARView(RealityView) in this case. At this point its not clear if there will be any exposure when VisionOS is finally released. I have a similar use-case, the straight-forward solution now seems to be allow user to enter some kind of six-digit numeric code and start the immersive experience.