Meaning of values Cert

Hi:

I'm wondering about what means values s,i from cert object inside the property NSErrorPeerCertificateChainKey and NSErrorPeerCertificateChainKey in an SSLError:

NSErrorPeerCertificateChainKey=( "<cert(0x1029c9e00) s: site.com i: Company Services>"

I suppose that "i" is the certificate's issuer and "s" is the site, but something is strange here.

I make a request to example.com and sometimes example.com does not appear on the certificate chain ... appearing Other sites and issuers not related to the certificate that example.com could have.

I think that it is the cause of the error, but if you could explain to me which could be the cause of this strange situation would be nice.

Thanks in advance

Answered by DTS Engineer in 763039022

"s" is the site

Actually, it’s subject.

For a TLS server certificate, the subject is usually one of the site’s domain names, but that’s just a compatibility measure. The values that matter are in the Subject Alternative Name extension. Try this:

1. In Safari, navigate to https://example.com

2. At the top of the window, click on the lock icon.

3. In the sheet, click Show Certificate.

4. In the bottom of panel of certificate viewer, click the disclosure chevron next to Details.

5. Scroll through the results. You’ll see a Subject Name section which contains www.example.com but, if you scroll down, you’ll see a Subject Alternative Name that contains a bunch of alternatives names, including example.com.

Share and Enjoy

Quinn “The Eskimo!” @ Developer Technical Support @ Apple
let myEmail = "eskimo" + "1" + "@" + "apple.com"

Accepted Answer

"s" is the site

Actually, it’s subject.

For a TLS server certificate, the subject is usually one of the site’s domain names, but that’s just a compatibility measure. The values that matter are in the Subject Alternative Name extension. Try this:

1. In Safari, navigate to https://example.com

2. At the top of the window, click on the lock icon.

3. In the sheet, click Show Certificate.

4. In the bottom of panel of certificate viewer, click the disclosure chevron next to Details.

5. Scroll through the results. You’ll see a Subject Name section which contains www.example.com but, if you scroll down, you’ll see a Subject Alternative Name that contains a bunch of alternatives names, including example.com.

Share and Enjoy

Quinn “The Eskimo!” @ Developer Technical Support @ Apple
let myEmail = "eskimo" + "1" + "@" + "apple.com"

Meaning of values Cert

Q