App bundle ID no longer available on App Store Connect

I created an app on App Store Connect, and assigned my app's bundle ID to it successfully. However, as soon as I created the app, I realized that there was a typo in the app's name. Before doing anything else (no bundles uploaded or anything else) I deleted the app from App Store Connect with the intention of recreating it with the correct name. However, when I now try to create a new app the bundle ID in question is no longer on the list. It appears as though it is still associated with the erroneous, now deleted app. How do I fix this so that I can properly create my app on App Store Connect?

Accepted Reply

OK, while Quinn's method would certainly work, I just realized that since I hadn't yet uploaded anything for review, I could restore the app record and change the name. Too simple. Not sure why it escaped.

Add a Comment

Replies

AFAIK once App Store Connect has seen your bundle ID there’s no way for it to un-see it. You should feel free to confirm that with the App Store Connect support team but, IME, the easiest way out of this conundrum is to switch to a different bundle ID. The bundle ID isn’t user visible, so there’s usually some sort of subtle change you can make that changes the ID while keeping it recognisable for you. A good trick is to add the -app suffix, so com.example.frog becomes com.example.frog-app.

Share and Enjoy

Quinn “The Eskimo!” @ Developer Technical Support @ Apple
let myEmail = "eskimo" + "1" + "@" + "apple.com"

OK, while Quinn's method would certainly work, I just realized that since I hadn't yet uploaded anything for review, I could restore the app record and change the name. Too simple. Not sure why it escaped.

Add a Comment