WatchOS 10 handicaps Apple Watch

I've been using WatchOS 10 for a couple months now. Well, I've been frustrated with it more than "using" it. WatchOS 10 removes the ability to swipe to change watch faces.

I've come to learn that not everyone uses the watch the same way that I do. What I do is configure different watch faces as their own "apps". I have a weather face, a productivity face, a couple fitness faces, and a location face. So I can easily flick a finger to access data points and dive deeper into apps with practically zero thought or effort. Because it's predictable, I can access a watch face as I'm raising my wrist in the middle of a workout. I never use the App List because all my apps are accessible on watch faces. It's the best thing about Apple Watch.

The point of Apple Watch is to get information quickly without the cumbersomeness of a phone. Isn't is? WatchOS 10 practically makes Apple Watch more difficult to use than reaching for iPhone.

I have tried to use Widgets but there is absolutely no comparison. One does not offer a fraction of the usability or ergonomics as the other. Widgets are cumbersome and time consuming. It's been suggested that I use Focus Modes to have different faces appear at different times. This is the exact opposite of what I want from my watch. I specifically and intently want to access data on the fly with the flick of a finger. That's how it has worked since WatchOS 3. Why change the best thing about Apple Watch?

Without the ability to flick a finger to change screens, you now have to [tap, hold, swipe, tap] to change the screen. Imagine doing this on your iPhone to change home screens.

I'm currently restricted by WatchOS 10 to use one watch face. I put it on when I go for a workout and then I take it off. Other than a workout tracker it is, without a bit of exaggeration, useless to me.

My frustration is beyond words. How this has not been broadly reported on is well outside my ability to comprehend. Again, imagine altering the ability to swipe home screens on iPhone - would this not be broadly reported on? WatchOS 10 makes Apple Watch a wrist mounted brick.

I deeply love my Apple Watch. I love leaving my home for the weekend and leaving my phone at home. I love being out and about and relying only on this one beautiful thing to give me all the data I need at the flick of a finger. It's the most magical device I have owned in my life. At least, it used to be prior to WatchOS 10 handicapping 90% of its functionality.

I am heartbroken.

Same here. I hate it.

WatchOS 10 handicaps Apple Watch

Q