The Settings app crashes when trying to open it on the latest iOS 17 simulator.

• As the title suggests, I cannot open the Settings app on the iOS 17 simulator.
  • Therefore, I cannot make changes to settings such as language and region.
  • Will this bug be fixed?
Post not yet marked as solved Up vote post of Kazuya_Ito Down vote post of Kazuya_Ito
3.5k views

Replies

I'm also having the same problem.

iPhone 15 Pro / Pro Max - Settings app crashes In iphone 15, 15 plus - It works fine

• This worked for me, thanks!

• Same: iPhone 15 Pro & Pro Max with iOS 17.0 = Settings app crashes, but iPhone 15 Plus with iOS 17.0 works fine (MacBook Pro, 16" 2019, 2.4 GHz 8-Core Intel Core i9)

Add a Comment

+1 same issue, resetting Simulator does nothing

Post not yet marked as solved Up vote reply of ccal Down vote reply of ccal

Work for me, but only after upgrading to Sonoma last night, and then letting Xcode reinstall the simulator when it asked to on first launch. Before this I was stuck using the older beta due to the same preferences crash.

Still crashes on MacOS Ventura =(

still crashes in Xcode 15.0.1

While you wait for a fix, you might want to check out the ControlRoom project on GitHub. Many of the settings can be easily accessed using ControlRoom.

same issue, it seems like a bug. IPhone 15 pro & pro max crash, 15 & plus work fine

I had the same issue with 15 Pro. Was able to use the 15 following this post.

I have the same problem. Settings app crashes on iPhone 15 Pro, etc. Settings app only works on iPhone SE for me. Reboots and reinstalls did not fix the issue.

Having the same problem. iPhone 15 simulator works though.

same problem