iOS 12 device crashes when using Xcode 15

I use Xcode 15 to build my project. When running my project on iOS 16 or iOS 17, everything works fine. However, I noticed that there were numerous crashes when running on iOS 12 (and some people have reported experiencing similar issues on iOS 13 and iOS 14).

Initially, I thought this issue was caused by some third-party SDKs. However, even after removing some of them, the crash stack changed, and no useful information was provided.

According to some suggestions, we can add "-ld64" or "-ld_classic" to Other Linker Flags to force old linker usage and try to avoid this issue. However, we encountered a build issue with an error message: "appintentsmetadataprocessor[17431:11345759] missing required '--source-files' file path Command ExtractAppIntentsMetadata failed with a nonzero exit code."

Now I am unsure what to do next. Can anyone help?

I guess that using the old linker would be the only option if the new one doesn't support iOS 15 and below. We can't expect every third-party SDK to fix dyld issues in a short amount of time. The question now is, what is ExtractAppIntentsMetadata, and how can we avoid this build error?

I can't find any helpful information for this error:

Hello, having the same problem here, any suggestions?

Flutter: I had the same problem but for me the issue was in a package connectivity_plus ^4.0.1 Updated it to connectivity_plus ^5.0.1 and then it worked.

iOS 12 device crashes when using Xcode 15

Q