Unable to access keychain from jenkins(Build) machine.

Dear Apple Support Team,

I hope this message finds you well. We are currently experiencing an issue with product signing on our build machine, specifically when utilising the productsign command. I would like to provide some context and seek your guidance on potential solutions.

We have developed a Mac product. We employ the following productsign command to sign our package:

productsign --sign "Developer ID Installer: MyCompany, LLC (12345678)" My.pkg Mysigned.pkg

This process functions seamlessly on our local machines. However, when attempting the same operation on our build machine, we consistently encounter the following error:

2023-09-29 04:39:54.925 productsign[98404:549470] SignData failed: Error Domain=NSOSStatusErrorDomain Code=-25308 "CSSM Exception: -2147415840 CSSMERR_CSP_NO_USER_INTERACTION" (errKCInteractionNotAllowed / errSecInteractionNotAllowed:                                                                                    / Interaction is not allowed with the Security Server.) UserInfo={numberOfErrorsDeep=0, NSDescription=CSSM Exception: -2147415840 CSSMERR_CSP_NO_USER_INTERACTION}
Error signing data.
productsign: error: Failed to sign the product.

It has come to our attention that the build machine utilizes SSH for code signing, which appears to be a contributing factor to this issue.

We have researched this matter and found several threads suggesting that unlocking the keychain before signing the product may resolve the problem. However, we are eager to explore alternative solutions and any updates or recommendations you may have.

Could you kindly advise if there are additional steps or configurations we should consider to address this issue? We would greatly appreciate any guidance you can provide on this matter.

Warm regards,

skappdevloper

Dear Apple Support Team

To be clear, DevForums is not an official Apple support channel. For more on this, see Quinn’s Top Ten DevForums Tips.

Also, Apple’s formal support channels don’t third-party tooling. In general we recommend that you escalate issues with your third-party tools via their support channel.

It has come to our attention that the build machine utilizes SSH for code signing, which appears to be a contributing factor to this issue.

I have a post that goes into this in the context of codesign, and many of the same issues apply to productsign as well. See Resolving errSecInternalComponent errors during code signing.

Share and Enjoy

Quinn “The Eskimo!” @ Developer Technical Support @ Apple
let myEmail = "eskimo" + "1" + "@" + "apple.com"

Unable to access keychain from jenkins(Build) machine.

Q