VPN Watchguard broken after last beta?

Background

I am struggling with dock freezes and other strange problems, so I have moved some Launch agents, and also did a reinstall of the latest beta. After that I can't open the WatchGuard application.

As it is, I haven't used that VPN since the last beta update, so I am not sure if it's due to me moving files, or if it's actually the beta that broke this.

Error

What happens is that the Watchguard tries to open, but closes immediately. If I open the sh file that's inside the app package I get this:

Terminating app due to uncaught exception 'NSInternalInconsistencyException', reason: '-[NSViewController loadView] loaded the "(null)" nib but no view was set.'

Test

It's easy to test: Just download this app and see if it opens. https://cdn.watchguard.com/SoftwareCenter/Files/MUVPN_SSL/12_10/WG-MVPN-SSL_12_10.dmg

Solution

As it is now I don't know what to do.

• I have reinstalled the app with various versions to no avail.

• I removed ALL files that have anything to do with watchguard, and did an install after that. Same problem.

• I have cleaned all cache files, started up at another account on this Mac and tried to install from there. Same problem (This suggests that the fault actually is in the beta).

• I don't understand the error message or know what "NSInternalInconsistencyException" is. I guess the answer lies there.

Any ideas?

After that I can't open the WatchGuard application.

Is this an app you’re working on?

Share and Enjoy

Quinn “The Eskimo!” @ Developer Technical Support @ Apple
let myEmail = "eskimo" + "1" + "@" + "apple.com"

Thanks for the input Quinn,

No it's not related to an app. It's related to beta testing of Sonoma. Have I posted this in the wrong place? 🙈

Have I posted this in the wrong place?

Apple Developer Forums is focused on code-level questions from third-party developers. If you were working on this app, this’d be the right place (-: Given that you’re not, my advice is that you escalate this via the app’s support channel. Then can start their own thread here if they need help investigating this.

Share and Enjoy

Quinn “The Eskimo!” @ Developer Technical Support @ Apple
let myEmail = "eskimo" + "1" + "@" + "apple.com"

Thanks for the clarificaiton!

BTW this issue is solved with the latest beta.

VPN Watchguard broken after last beta?

Q