Why TCC allows file write

Hello,

It is possible to restrict access to Desktop or Documents folder with TCC for a given application in macOS Preferences.

For example Terminal is not allowed to access Documents folder. But i have see it is possible to write files or to create directory from Terminal ! I don't understand this behaviour. Is there a particular reason ?

Thanks

I don't understand this behaviour.

Can you give me a concrete example of the behaviour you consider to be problematic?

Share and Enjoy

Quinn “The Eskimo!” @ Developer Technical Support @ Apple
let myEmail = "eskimo" + "1" + "@" + "apple.com"

Your example of the Arduino IDE (from arduino.cc) is a bit strange. This is not a sandboxed application, it doesn't need to ask for permission to access the Documents folder. If I open System Settings/Privacy & Security/Files and Folders, Arduino IDE is not listed there. I don't understand how you managed to disallow access to ~/Documents for that app.

Maybe if you set your Security preference to "Allow applications downloaded from App Store", rather than "Allow applications downloaded from "Allow applications downloaded from App Store and identified developers" you might get behavior closer to what you want/expect?

Why TCC allows file write

Q