BundleID identifier problems for new version of app

Good morning,

I have a new version of an app which is on the App Store already, but I would like to send it to others using TestFlight first.

I have created a new version for the app on the Apple Connect website.

I have confirmed the new version number in Xcode for this app, but when I upload it through the archive process in Xcode I get this response:

"App record with bundle identifier "<exact same identifier as on the App Store>" not found on App Store Connect. Create an app record on App Store Connect, or distribute the app from Xcode, and then try again."

That was the default setting for App Store Connect. If I use the custom setting (and change the SKU because it is written as the bundle id identifier) I get this response:

The app identifier "com.DefaultCompany.MyAppName" cannot be registered to your development team because it is not available. Change your bundle identifier to a unique string to try again.

Can someone please help me resolve this. A task that was supposed to take thirty minutes has extended to over four hours, and I have not found a solution to this problem.

All documentation on the apple developer site assumes an app will ve updated to a new version without sharing first through TestFlight. All of this seems really counter intuitive to what should be a relatively straightforward process.

Replies

If someone is reviewing this please edit the second app identifier to remove the app specifics.

• Done.

• Thanks Indigenous Arctic Person.

sorry. political correctness overload...

Thanks @eskimo ...

Add a Comment

So the major part of this problem is that whatever bundleID you change to will not be registered by Xcode until you quit and restart the program, and reopen your file.

If you don't it will consistently fail, no matter how many times you change it, Unless you restart Xcode.

Second problem is that the bundleID on the app had a capital letter in it, but the bundleID on the App Store did not. This is Xcode 15. I have not changed this bundleID since first uploading to the App Store, so it changed the capitalization I used before internally to the App Store. This was around February or April, I think. This app is using the same code for the original app on the App Store.

My original bundleID (Used in Xcode for the first version) was, say, "com.DefaultCompany.GarbagetruckAR". On the App Store this was changed to ""com.DefaultCompany.garbagetruckAR" back in February or April, but I did not have to change it in Xcode six months ago, it was de-capitalized internally.

Now it fails, even though it is basically the same app. That's where the frustration really set in.

I have since changed the capital letter and restarted Xcode and the app has been sent to TestFlight. There are still issues within Xcode that I have to send feedback for (if you use the custom setting for archiving, the SKU will be your bundleID, which is incorrect)