Preferences on Simulator crash when accessing iCloud settings

As per the title, as soon as I try to open iCloud settings on the Simulator, a black screen appears and the Preferences app crashes (and a crash report shows up shortly thereafter). This is an issue in all of Xcode 17.0.0, XCode 17.0.1 and the Xcode 17.1 beta. I've tried all the simulator models from the SE to the 15.

I think this may be something to do with the following two pop-ups that keep showing up on the Simulator but don't actually do anything when tapped:

• one says to accept new iCloud T&Cs. When I tap on it, nothing happens (and I can't find new T&Cs to accept in the web browser); and
  • one that prompts me to re-enter the Apple ID password. When I input the password and confirm, nothing happens.

This is causing major issues for testing a couple of my apps because Simulator sometimes radomly thinks that the user isn't signed into iCloud when they, in fact, are. For example, I've been getting the following error from GameKit: 'The requested operation could not be completed because you are not signed in to iCloud..' (the same function that throws the error does confim that the user is signed in just before throwing).

I'd be very grateful for any thoughts. Been stuck on this for well over a week now...I've found various threads about the wider Preferences app crashing (and this being fixed in the latest beta) but nothing on the specific issue I'm having.

Same here, but I don't get the pop-ups. It just crashes when I tap on the iCloud in Settings. Sent a report to Apple. Tried on iPhone 15 iOS 17.0 simulator.

Preferences on Simulator crash when accessing iCloud settings

Q