Xcode 15 Error: ld: Assertion Failed

I am writing to report an issue that I've encountered while using Xcode 15 to compile an iOS 17 project. The error message I received is as follows:

ld: Assertion failed: (false && "compact unwind compressed function offset doesn't fit in 24 bits"), function operator(), file Layout.cpp, line 5758.

At present, the exposure path of this problem seems to be here: "Xcode.app-strings/Xcode.app/Contents/Developer/Toolchains/XcodeDefault.xctoolchain/usr/bin /ld".

I want to bring to your attention that this issue has been persistent from beta 6 to the official release of Xcode 15. I have already submitted a bug report with the identifier FB13321572.

I am keen to leverage the new feature "ld-prime" and would greatly appreciate your guidance and support in finding an elegant solution to address this problem.(The implication is that I don't really want to continue using ld64 linker ...lol)

Thanks

Answered by DTS Engineer in 771650022

I have already submitted a bug report with the identifier FB13321572.

Thanks for that.

Your bug got dup’d to another bug that’s marked as fixed in Xcode 15.1 beta. Please retest with the latest beta and post back here to let me know how that went.

Share and Enjoy

Quinn “The Eskimo!” @ Developer Technical Support @ Apple
let myEmail = "eskimo" + "1" + "@" + "apple.com"

Accepted Answer

I have already submitted a bug report with the identifier FB13321572.

Thanks for that.

Your bug got dup’d to another bug that’s marked as fixed in Xcode 15.1 beta. Please retest with the latest beta and post back here to let me know how that went.

Share and Enjoy

Quinn “The Eskimo!” @ Developer Technical Support @ Apple
let myEmail = "eskimo" + "1" + "@" + "apple.com"

Xcode 15 Error: ld: Assertion Failed

Q