Enabling sirirkit

Hi folks,

I am wondering is there any pre requirements to enable sirikit?

Do I need membership in ios developer program to enable sirikit in capabilities?

I am exploring siri intent development with free version of apple account on xcode 8 beta. I am working with simple messaging domain to begin with. With my apple id, I can't see siri in capabilities whereas if I am setting team as none i can see Siri in Capabilities section but when I try to enable it, It asks for "Add Apple Id" or "Join a Program". Even When I am adding my apple id(not registered with any developer program), it's not enabling Siri.

Looking forward for a guidance to successfully develop and test siri extension with or without purchasing developer program.

Thanks in Advance,

Meenakshi

Replies

You will need a developer program membership. Not all services are available to apps signed with the personal account you can get for free - having Siri missing from the Capabilities list when selecting your personal team is an indicator of this.

The advanced capabilities that require a developer program membership are documented, though Siri is missing entirely from that page at the moment.