Associated Domains stopped working after updating app Bundle ID

I updated the app bundle ID of my app in my associated domains file on my server which can be viewed using the Apple CDN at (https://app-site-association.cdn-apple.com/a/v1/myApp.app) and on my server at (https://myApp.app/.well-known/apple-app-site-association). All I did was update the app Bundle ID of my app in Xcode and likewise in the associated domains file, and now it is no longer working and I'm getting the error Application with identifier ABCDE12345.app.myApp.MyApp is not associated with domain myApp.app. This error is thrown when attempting to use the webcredentials portion of the associated domain file for logging in via Passkey. I've waited for 6 days to let the changes propagate through the CDN but the issue is persisting. Strangely enough, it has worked a few times since I changed it but almost always fails. This intermittent behavior leads me to believe it might be something up with the CDN? The only thing I changed about my appID was the domain, e.g. ABCDE12345.io.oldDomain.MyApp to ABCDE12345.app.myApp.MyApp.

My file is structured as so:

{
    "applinks": {
        "apps": [],
        "details": [
            {
                "appID": "ABCDE12345.app.myApp.MyApp",
                "components": [
                ]
            }
        ]
    },
    "webcredentials": {
        "apps": [
            "ABCDE12345.app.myApp.MyApp"
        ]
    }
}

Likewise I updated the entitlements in my app to webcredentials:myApp.app from webcredentials:oldDomain.io and similarly for the appLinks. I've tried deleting the app, restarting Xcode, clean builds, all that jazz to no avail. Any advice you have for remedying this would be greatly appreciated. This has brought my beta to a halt because no one can log in or sign up. Thank you.

Replies

The CDN tries to relate its cache to apps available in the App Store. If your app hasn't been submitted under the new bundle identifier yet, it's possible the CDN may behave in unexpected ways. If your app works correctly in Developer Mode, then it should work once submitted.

• Thanks for the reply. So now the applinks are working... but not the webcredentials... I feel like it has to somehow be something I'm doing wrong because that just makes no sense to me.

• So it looks like what happened is I made multiple entitlements files for the different build schemes (for prod, dev, and staging) and each one was correct for the corresponding scheme but it looks like it confused Xcode for some reason. So I deleted all the custom entitlements files, reset the Build Setting for Code Signing Entitlements, created a new custom dev entitlement file, and manually updated the Build Setting for Code Signing Entitlements and now its working.

Add a Comment