6.7-inch screenshots

6.7-inch screenshots have become compulsory at some point since I last created an app update, and I will need to purchase a new device to satisfy this requirement.

The App Store Connect media manager says that 6.7-inch screenshots must be 1290 x 2796 pixels. Looking at device specs (e.g. at everymac.com), it seems that this is the size of the iPhone 15 Pro Max, iPhone 15 Plus and iPhone 14 Pro Max. However the iPhone 14 Plus and older are fractionally smaller at 1284 x 2778, despite also being described as "6.7-inch".

Does anyone know if App Store Connect will accept 1284 x 2778 screenshots for the "6.7 inch" category?

A refurbished iPhone 12 Pro Max is about half the price of an iPhone 15....

Why need a new device ? Screenshots should not be created on device but with simulator.

If it does not provide the exact size, you could try to tweak it in Preview application (resize image).

Screenshots should not be created on device but with simulator.

You're lucky if you can use the simulator for everything. Haven't we had this discussion before? Yes: https://developer.apple.com/forums/thread/728194

could try to tweak it in Preview application (resize image).

I would not admit to "faking" screenshots in a public forum!

Interestingly, App Store Connect seems happy to accept preview videos of the "wrong" size (i.e. recorded on an iPhone XS, 6.5-inch) in this case, but not screenshots.

6.7-inch screenshots

Q