Intermittent 404 Not Found responses

For some reason this morning (5 December 2023, ~10:30am UTC) I have been experiencing intermittent WeatherKit API failures with a 404 Not Found status.

There is nothing wrong with the request itself: trying a minute or two later with the exact same request parameters and token returns a successful response.

I can see that it's not a transport issue between me and Apple, as the response I am getting is coming from the Apple servers:

<html>
  <head>
    <title>404 Not Found</title>
  </head>
  <body>
    <center><h1>404 Not Found</h1></center>
    <hr>
    <center>Apple</center>
  </body>
</html> 

...and the responding server is AppleHttpServer.

Has anyone else seen this? Is it a regular occurrence, or are they just having a bad day?

Post not yet marked as solved Up vote post of sebduggan Down vote post of sebduggan
  • I have been seeing the same Not Found results coming back inconsistently today. I have not noticed this many failures for some time so I am expecting that it is a temporary issue.

Add a Comment

Replies

I have the same problem with the same response code from yesterday!

It's still exists for me

We have been seeing a 25% failure rate with our WeatherKit requests since 9:51 PM (Central) on Dec 4th.

Also seeing this for 10-25% of REST API requests. Annoying side note: responses coming back in HTML instead of JSON...

Is there anywhere to find release notes for WeatherKit? This is causing errors for lots of our users at the moment, and we haven't received any correspondence from Apple as to why we're getting intermittent 404's. System Status page also showing its fine...

Seeing this as well. Someone at Apple PLEASE give us a status update. WeatherKit has been plagued with similar issues also with no response or acknowledgement. It's very frustrating.

• I reported this via Feedback Assistant (FB13451392) and will update this thread if I hear anything back.

Add a Comment

Having the same issue here. Any updates from anyone?

I would love to see a root-cause analysis of this incident.

Still getting this error today!

• I noticed I'm getting the 404 Error only for European cities.

Add a Comment

Been seeing 404s for the last couple of days ://