Help with Crash log Abort trap 6 SIGABRT

I am new to app development and my app is working when during closed testing but is failing review now as it crashes on launch. I am using Expo managed workflow and dont see any compile errors. Looking through the developer posts previously I can see that the SIGABRT is that the app crashed due a trap, that is, it detected a problem with its own internal state and deliberately crashed itself.

Abort 6 I see a lot of reference to duplicate variable names that while valid are causing issues, but not sure what or where based on the crash report. I am hoping someone can help me decipher where the issue is as reading the crash report I can only get it to open in a somewhat readable fashion in the console.

Thanks in advance for any support.

Replies

The presence of the Last Exception Backtrace section indicates that your app crashed due to an unhandled language exception. Consider its backtrace:

Last Exception Backtrace:
0   CoreFoundation    … __exceptionPreprocess + 164
1   libobjc.A.dylib   … objc_exception_throw + 60
2   OnestopCPE        … 0x1001b8000 + 1083564
3   OnestopCPE        … 0x1001b8000 + 1154856
4   OnestopCPE        … 0x1001b8000 + 1152880
5   libdispatch.dylib … _dispatch_call_block_and_release + 32

Frames 5 and above are standard Dispatch machinery. Frame 5 shows that Dispatch is calling your code in frame 4. Frames 4 through 2 are your code, which directly throws this exception.

To make progress on this you’ll need to identify the code that threw that exception, which means symbolicating your crash report. See Adding identifiable symbol names to a crash report.

Share and Enjoy

Quinn “The Eskimo!” @ Developer Technical Support @ Apple
let myEmail = "eskimo" + "1" + "@" + "apple.com"