Unable to delete .com.apple.containermanagerd.metadata.plist file inside /Library/Containers/{YourApplicationFolder}.

Hi, I have created an macOS uninstaller application to delete folder /Library/Containers/{YourApplicationFolder} everything inside the folder gets deleted only the .com.apple.containermanagerd.metadata.plist is not getting deleted.

please give a solution for this.

This seems to be a bug in Sonoma. Nothing works, not even sudo rm -rf. Even restarting the computer + sudo rm doesn't work. Those files are stuck!

Are you talking about ~/Library/Containers? Or really /Library/Containers? Because on my machine the latter doesn’t exist?

% ls -ld ~/Library/Containers
drwx------  512 quinn  staff  16384  8 Jan 09:25 /Users/quinn/Library/Containers
% ls -ld /Library/Containers
ls: /Library/Containers: No such file or directory

Share and Enjoy

Quinn “The Eskimo!” @ Developer Technical Support @ Apple
let myEmail = "eskimo" + "1" + "@" + "apple.com"

I ran into a similar problem when uninstalling the docker desktop. I fixed the problem by disabling SIP.

I had a similar problem when uninstalling Docker using Terminal. I Just located the file in Finder and moved it to trash.

Unable to delete .com.apple.containermanagerd.metadata.plist file inside /Library/Containers/{YourApplicationFolder}.

Q