On recent versions of Xcode, in iOS simulators the ability to enable the 'Zoom' feature in accessibility is disappearing. Is there any solution to this ?

I develop an application on iOS 13.0+ and we use a proprietary SDK for maps, so our situation is a bit more specific than usual. We have always had problems with the Zoom feature, and always appreciated the ability to simulate it in the Xcode simulators. I understand I cannot do anything against this, but is there any workaround or, at least somebody that knows the reason why they are removing it ? it is disappeared also if you select a simulator with a lower deployment target. Thanks for the attention.

Answered by Scott in 774743022

Can you clarify “recent versions” and “lower deployment target”? On a 17.2 simulator (iPhone SE 3rd gen.) I still see this option under Settings → Developer → View. Note this isn’t the same Settings path as on a real device.

Accepted Answer

Can you clarify “recent versions” and “lower deployment target”? On a 17.2 simulator (iPhone SE 3rd gen.) I still see this option under Settings → Developer → View. Note this isn’t the same Settings path as on a real device.

Many thanks friend, you solved a real problem for me ! thanks a lot and sorry for the trivial question.

On recent versions of Xcode, in iOS simulators the ability to enable the 'Zoom' feature in accessibility is disappearing. Is there any solution to this ?

Q