Seeking Guidance on Creating a Playlist Navigation App with OAuth Authentication

Hello Apple Community,

First, I'm asking this on the holidays, so happy holidays. Now I have some "fun coding time" and can do it because I have some holiday time.

I'm new to this area and would greatly appreciate your expertise and guidance. Have mercy.

I'm attempting to develop a simple application on my Mac OS to browse my playlists. However, I've encountered a few roadblocks that I struggle to navigate. I understand I need to implement two-factor authentication to access my playlists, for which an OAuth setup is required. This involves obtaining an Apple ID and a service ID and dealing with other complex elements.

One particular challenge I'm facing is with the redirect URI in the OAuth process. It seems that it needs to be a valid domain, and I'm unsure if using a local server address like https://localhost:5000 would work. My goal is to create a basic Flask application that can interact with Apple's web authentication system, but I'm uncertain about the feasibility of this approach, given the domain restrictions.

I would appreciate any advice or step-by-step guidance on the following points.

What would be the simplest way to create an application (Swift, Python, or JavaScript) that can authenticate and enable browsing through my playlists?

Any insights, tips, or examples you could share would be immensely helpful. I am eager to learn and look forward to your valuable suggestions. Anything step-by-step would be great, but I like to dream.

Thank you so much for your time and assistance.

Add a Comment