Show USDZ file in RealityView

I captured my office using 3D Scanner and get a USDZ file. The file contains a 3-D Model and a Physically based material. I can view the file correctly with texture on Xcode and Reality Composer Pro. But when using RealityView to present the model in immersive space. I got the model in whole black. My guess is my Material doesn't have a shader graph? Does anyone caught into similar issue? How to solve it?

Replies

It appears that Xcode and Reality Composer pro have inconsistencies with RealityView. I noticed that you can switch USD variants in Reality Composer Pro but those are not available in RealityView (I really wish variants were accessible/selectables since it's one of the best feature of USD for delivering assets with variations efficiently). Also I've seen the same issue with texture missing in RealityView from USDZ files that works fine in MacOS, iOS and usdview. I've not verified it yet but it may be related to encoding texture paths in variable in the USD file. That used to not work in MacOS until Sonoma.