syscall to map cache into shared region failed

Hello, I'm facing a crash on launch for my program.

This has been a recent find since upgrading to Xcode 15.1 and using new ld_prime linker.

I am able to launch my release build which has different optimization flags.

I'm not using any Diagnostics options in my program scheme.

The error I get is about a system framework not being found. When I look up these file locations the framework found in System/Library is there but the one in /private/preboot/Cryptexes/OS is missing. I'm running with --verbose linker/build flags but I don't get any more info than this (no warnings during build either).

dyld[439]: Library not loaded: /System/Library/Frameworks/Foundation.framework/Foundation
  Referenced from: <XXXXXXXX-XXXX-XXXX-XXXX-XXXXXXXXXXXX> /private/var/containers/Bundle/Application/XXXXXXXX-XXXX-XXXX-XXXX-XXXXXXXXXXXX/application.app/application
  Reason: tried: '/System/Library/Frameworks/Foundation.framework/Foundation' (no such file), '/private/preboot/Cryptexes/OS/System/Library/Frameworks/Foundation.framework/Foundation' (no such file), '/System/Library/Frameworks/Foundation.framework/Foundation' (no such file, no dyld cache)

These look like system files so I would appreciate some assistance in finding why the framework in the Cryptexes directory is missing. Thank you!

Replies

Apologies, I forgot to include the whole error. This line was above the "Library not loaded:" line:

dyld[439]: dyld cache '(null)' not loaded: syscall to map cache into shared region failed.

I'm facing a crash on launch for my program.

What platform is this on?

Share and Enjoy

Quinn “The Eskimo!” @ Developer Technical Support @ Apple
let myEmail = "eskimo" + "1" + "@" + "apple.com"

What platform is this on?

This is on iOS.

I managed to get past the error for Foundation.framework by unincluding it from our cmake build by removing a -framework Foundation flag.

I am facing the same error but for OpenGLES now, so I assume it has something to do with duplicate use of Frameworks.

So far, attempting to remove OpenGLES and OpenGL frameworks has been unsuccessful.

Thanks for the response!