syscall to map cache into shared region failed

Hello, I'm facing a crash on launch for my program.

This has been a recent find since upgrading to Xcode 15.1 and using new ld_prime linker.

I am able to launch my release build which has different optimization flags.

I'm not using any Diagnostics options in my program scheme.

The error I get is about a system framework not being found. When I look up these file locations the framework found in System/Library is there but the one in /private/preboot/Cryptexes/OS is missing. I'm running with --verbose linker/build flags but I don't get any more info than this (no warnings during build either).

dyld[439]: Library not loaded: /System/Library/Frameworks/Foundation.framework/Foundation
  Referenced from: <XXXXXXXX-XXXX-XXXX-XXXX-XXXXXXXXXXXX> /private/var/containers/Bundle/Application/XXXXXXXX-XXXX-XXXX-XXXX-XXXXXXXXXXXX/application.app/application
  Reason: tried: '/System/Library/Frameworks/Foundation.framework/Foundation' (no such file), '/private/preboot/Cryptexes/OS/System/Library/Frameworks/Foundation.framework/Foundation' (no such file), '/System/Library/Frameworks/Foundation.framework/Foundation' (no such file, no dyld cache)

These look like system files so I would appreciate some assistance in finding why the framework in the Cryptexes directory is missing. Thank you!

Apologies, I forgot to include the whole error. This line was above the "Library not loaded:" line:

dyld[439]: dyld cache '(null)' not loaded: syscall to map cache into shared region failed.

I'm facing a crash on launch for my program.

What platform is this on?

Share and Enjoy

Quinn “The Eskimo!” @ Developer Technical Support @ Apple
let myEmail = "eskimo" + "1" + "@" + "apple.com"

What platform is this on?

This is on iOS.

I managed to get past the error for Foundation.framework by unincluding it from our cmake build by removing a -framework Foundation flag.

I am facing the same error but for OpenGLES now, so I assume it has something to do with duplicate use of Frameworks.

So far, attempting to remove OpenGLES and OpenGL frameworks has been unsuccessful.

Thanks for the response!

syscall to map cache into shared region failed

Q