iPhone font issue.

Hello, First time poster. Was wondering if someone might know the answer to this. So I wanted to use a fancy font in my iPhone app for a title. The following code works fine, but the font I really want is “Apple Chancery” but it will not show up on the iPhone, even though this font is default on all Mac books. Any ideas why that font will not work? Thanks…

Text("(whiskyname)") .frame(width: 350, height:56) .background(Color.blue.opacity(0.3)).border(Color.black, width: 3) .cornerRadius(5) .font(.custom("Snell Roundhand", fixedSize: 45)) .foregroundColor(.black) .bold()

Replies

I looked at the list of installed font families on iOS and iPadOS, and I don’t see Apple Chancery as being available.

I checked and saw the same. How odd that Apple would include a font as native on a MacBook, but not on an iPhone… I will explore how to embed it in my app as a custom font…

• FWIW, Apple generally doesn't license their built-in fonts to be downloaded/copied and then adding those font binaries to your app. If you are looking to include a font binary in your app, be sure to check the license information to make it's OK to do so.

Add a Comment