dyld : Library not loaded eror

Hello, I have been experiencing the problem you see below for a long time. How can I solve it? As a result of my research, I tried many things but it didn't work. Cocoapods is used in the project. Can you help me?

dyld[71940]: Library not loaded: @rpath/Papara.framework/Papara
  Referenced from: <9ADE446C-A9F6-30B8-A6AB-FFB2B4D3F9C4> /Users/mehmet.akyol/Library/Developer/CoreSimulator/Devices/E2C4776D-41A3-4C52-B2CB-B6BB80CD4B3F/data/Containers/Bundle/Application/3B8E2E48-FD91-453F-9211-1FC4193ACB51/iosTurknet.app/iosTurknet
  Reason: tried: '/Users/mehmet.akyol/Library/Developer/Xcode/DerivedData/iosTurknet-cuvkzreipstianayawphjkqjginw/Build/Products/Debug-iphonesimulator/Papara.framework/Papara' (no such file), '/Users/mehmet.akyol/Library/Developer/Xcode/DerivedData/iosTurknet-cuvkzreipstianayawphjkqjginw/Build/Products/Debug-iphonesimulator/PackageFrameworks/Papara.framework/Papara' (no such file), '/Library/Developer/CoreSimulator/Volumes/iOS_21A328/Library/Developer/CoreSimulator/Profiles/Runtimes/iOS 17.0.simruntime/Contents/Resources/RuntimeRoot/usr/lib/swift/Papara.framework/Papara' (no such file), '/usr/lib/swift/Papara.framework/Papara' (no such file, no dyld cache), '/Library/Developer/CoreSimulator/Volumes/iOS_21A328/Library/Developer/CoreSimulator/Profiles/Runtimes/iOS 17.0.simruntime/Contents/Resources/RuntimeRoot/Users/mehmet.akyol/Library/Developer/Xcode/DerivedData/iosTurknet-cuvkzreipstianayawphjkqjginw/Build/Products/Debug-iphonesimulator/PackageFrameworks/Papara.framework/Papara' (no such file), '/Users/mehmet.akyol/Library/Developer/Xcode/DerivedData/iosTurknet-cuvkzreipstianayawphjkqjginw/Build/Products/Debug-iphonesimulator/PackageFrameworks/Papara.framework/Papara' (no such file), '/Users/mehmet.akyol/Library/Developer/CoreSimulator/Devices/E2C4776D-41A3-4C52-B2CB-B6BB80CD4B3F/data/Containers/Bundle/Application/3B8E2E48-FD91-453F-9211-1FC4193ACB51/iosTurknet.app/Frameworks/Papara.framework/Papara' (no such file), '/Users/mehmet.akyol/Library/Developer/CoreSimulator/Devices/E2C4776D-41A3-4C52-B2CB-B6BB80CD4B3F/data/Containers/Bundle/Application/3B8E2E48-FD91-453F-9211-1FC4193ACB51/iosTurknet.app/Frameworks/Papara.framework/Papara' (no such file), '/Users/mehmet.akyol/Library/Developer/CoreSimulator/Devices/E2C4776D-41A3-4C52-B2CB-B6BB80CD4B3F/data/Containers/Bundle/Application/3B8E2E48-FD91-453F-9211-1FC4193ACB51/iosTurknet.app/Papara.framework/Papara' (no such file), '/Library/Developer/CoreSimulator/Volumes/iOS_21A328/Library/Developer/CoreSimulator/Profiles/Runtimes/iOS 17.0.simruntime/Contents/Resources/RuntimeRoot/Applications/Xcode.app/Contents/Developer/Toolchains/XcodeDefault.xctoolchain/usr/lib/clang/15.0.0/lib/darwin/Papara.framework/Papara' (no such file), '/Applications/Xcode.app/Contents/Developer/Toolchains/XcodeDefault.xctoolchain/usr/lib/clang/15.0.0/lib/darwin/Papara.framework/Papara' (no such file), '/Library/Developer/CoreSimulator/Volumes/iOS_21A328/Library/Developer/CoreSimulator/Profiles/Runtimes/iOS 17.0.simruntime/Contents/Resources/RuntimeRoot/usr/lib/swift/Papara.framework/Papara' (no such file), '/usr/lib/swift/Papara.framework/Papara' (no such file, no dyld cache), '/Library/Developer/CoreSimulator/Volumes/iOS_21A328/Library/Developer/CoreSimulator/Profiles/Runtimes/iOS 17.0.simruntime/Contents/Resources/RuntimeRoot/Users/mehmet.akyol/Library/Developer/Xcode/DerivedData/iosTurknet-cuvkzreipstianayawphjkqjginw/Build/Products/Debug-iphonesimulator/PackageFrameworks/Papara.framework/Papara' (no such file), '/Users/mehmet.akyol/Library/Developer/Xcode/DerivedData/iosTurknet-cuvkzreipstianayawphjkqjginw/Build/Products/Debug-iphonesimulator/PackageFrameworks/Papara.framework/Papara' (no such file), '/Users/mehmet.akyol/Library/Developer/CoreSimulator/Devices/E2C4776D-41A3-4C52-B2CB-B6BB80CD4B3F/data/Containers/Bundle/Application/3B8E2E48-FD91-453F-9211-1FC4193ACB51/iosTurknet.app/Frameworks/Papara.framework/Papara' (no such file), '/Users/mehmet.akyol/Library/Developer/CoreSimulator/Devices/E2C4776D-41A3-4C52-B2CB-B6BB80CD4B3F/data/Containers/Bundle/Application/3B8E2E48-FD91-453F-9211-1FC4193ACB51/iosTurknet.app/Frameworks/Papara.framework/Papara' (no such file), '/Users/mehmet.akyol/Library/Developer/CoreSimulator/Devices/E2C4776D-41A3-4C52-B2CB-B6BB80CD4B3F/data/Containers/Bundle/Application/3B8E2E48-FD91-453F-9211-1FC4193ACB51/iosTurknet.app/Papara.framework/Papara' (no such file), '/Library/Developer/CoreSimulator/Volumes/iOS_21A328/Library/Developer/CoreSimulator/Profiles/Runtimes/iOS 17.0.simruntime/Contents/Resources/RuntimeRoot/Applications/Xcode.app/Contents/Developer/Toolchains/XcodeDefault.xctoolchain/usr/lib/clang/15.0.0/lib/darwin/Papara.framework/Papara' (no such file), '/Applications/Xcode.app/Contents/Developer/Toolchains/XcodeDefault.xctoolchain/usr/lib/clang/15.0.0/lib/darwin/Papara.framework/Papara' (no such file), '/Library/Developer/CoreSimulator/Volumes/iOS_21A328/Library/Developer/CoreSimulator/Profiles/Runtimes/iOS 17.0.simruntime/Contents/Resources/RuntimeRoot/System/Library/Frameworks/Papara.framework/Papara' (no such file)

Replies

That massive error message looks scary but it’s actually quite simple. Each entry lists a path and a reason why the library wasn’t loaded from that path. For example:

'/Users/mehmet.akyol/Library/Developer/Xcode/DerivedData/
iosTurknet-cuvkzreipstianayawphjkqjginw/Build/Products/
Debug-iphonesimulator/Papara.framework/Papara' (no such file)

Note I’ve hard wrapped this entry to make it easier to read.

If you look at the reasons, they are all no such file [1]. So, your library wasn’t loaded because it’s not found.

If you look at all the paths in the log you’ll see this:

/Users/mehmet.akyol/Library/Developer/CoreSimulator/Devices/
E2C4776D-41A3-4C52-B2CB-B6BB80CD4B3F/data/Containers/Bundle/
Application/3B8E2E48-FD91-453F-9211-1FC4193ACB51/
iosTurknet.app/Frameworks/Papara.framework/Papara

This is exactly where I’d expect to find a framework called Papara. So the dynamic linker is looking in the right place, it’s just that the framework isn’t there.

As to why that’s the case, it’s hard for me to say because of this:

CocoaPods is used in the project.

I don’t maintain expertise in CocoaPods. I recommend that you work through the logic that builds and embeds this framework to work out why it’s not being embedded in the expected location.

Share and Enjoy

Quinn “The Eskimo!” @ Developer Technical Support @ Apple
let myEmail = "eskimo" + "1" + "@" + "apple.com"

[1] There are also a few no dyld cache but those aren’t relevant to you because your library will never be in the dynamic linker shared cache. For more background on that topic, see this post.