Can't post on the forum

I receive "This post contains sensitive language. Please revise it in order to continue." error, although I just list my failing notarization requests

Replies

After removing the UUIDs of the notarization requests, I was able to create the post.

After removing the UUIDs of the notarization requests, I was able to create the post.

Yeah, that’s annoying. It’s hard to say what DevForums was complaining about without actually seeing what you tried to post. One way to get around such limits is to post your content elsewhere — for example, as a gist on GitHub — and then post the link to that here.

IMPORTANT See tip 14 in Quinn’s (Now Ironically Named) Top Ten DevForums Tips for advice on how to post that link.

If you do that here, I’ll take a look at your content to see if I can work out what went wrong.

ps I’m going to use this thread to talk about your posting issue and use your other thread to talk about your notarisation issue.

Share and Enjoy

Quinn “The Eskimo!” @ Developer Technical Support @ Apple
let myEmail = "eskimo" + "1" + "@" + "apple.com"

Hello @eskimo , Thank you. Only one of the UUIDs was problematic. Here it is

https://gist.github.com/atacan/ba7f47ac78f0f8ad79a9a70331ffa70d

It's the request ID from Jan 15, 2024 mentioned in the other post.

2 D 4 6 9 1 2 0 - 3 7 8 7 - 4 0 9 7 - B 8 4 3 - F 4 F A 9 7 6 1 3 3 6 E

I think it has spotted " F A G " at the start of the last portion of the UUID.

I like that theory but it’s not right. It also fails with:

2 D 4 6 9 1 2 0-3 7 8 7-4 0 9 7-B 8 4 3

When you remove the spaces of course (-:

I’ve no idea what’s going on here. I’ll escalate this later in the week, when I get back to my office.

Share and Enjoy

I’ve no idea what’s going on here. I’ll escalate this

After some spelunking I figured out what’s going on. Consider this:

2D469 120-3787-4097-B843-F4FA9761336E

That’s the original UUID with a space inserted between the 9 and the 1. Notably, 91 is the country code for India, and DevForums has had a number of episodes of spam posts with Indian phone numbers.

Clearly we should be smarter about this, and I’ve filed a bug with my thoughts on this topic (r. 123228226).

Share and Enjoy

Obligatory xkcd:

https://xkcd.com/1313/

Add a Comment