Universal links not consistent on release app

Hi,

I setup universal links (aka goto my website and it opens/adds-header-to-open my application). While in debug and testflight this worked flawlessly, in release I inconsistently have the header addon to open in app in safari. I don't understand why.

When I goto developer tools and test the link, it returns it should open my app, and shows a green checkmark like everything is okay. But right after if I goto Safari, it does not show the open in app header.

I've restarted my device several times and reinstalled the app with no luck in the open in app header in safari reliably being present.

I had this same problem with another app, and it wasn't working for the first day and randomly showed up for a while, and then stopped again. Idk what's wrong?

The only thing I can think of is we were messing with the MDM server and set it to None I believe at one point and it showed up (I think) - but perhaps that has nothing to do with it showing up.

Does MDM server management of devices prevent universal links? Weirdly before setting MDM server to none, it worked flawless in debug and testflight. As of now the MDM server is restored to original our business set.

So, I don't quite know what to do to debug this. The developer tools say it's fine, and debug/testflight work fine.

Any suggestions/options? Does MDM server affect universal links?

Thanks,

user: ASDF123456