Apple watch crown doesnt regulate volume in Now Playing after update

Hello

I have been using apple products for quite some time now and am also updating my phone with latest beta software updates for watch, airpods 2 etc.

Recently, I have started facing an irritating issue - I am unable to control the volume via my apple watch crown for music playing on youtube music / spotify etc.

Earlier while operating the watch crown, I could lower/increase the volume of the music/videos on the "Now Playing" screen on the watch. But with recent updates its not happening. Please advise. TIA!

Software versions:

iphone - ios 17.4

apple watch 8 - watchOS 10.4

• The ability to lower/increase the volume of the music/videos on the "Now Playing" screen on the iWatch is the must-have-feature . If not fixed in future, I'd rather abandon the Apple ecosystem as a whole as there are already so many things that have gone wrong / gotten worse over time.

Add a Comment

Replies

I have been having the same issue as well with the same versions. Music app works as expected but Youtube Music or YouTube or any other does not.

Unable to control Youtube music app volume in Apple watch series 7 after updating to watchOS 10.4 (No response for crown input)

Expecting a fix...

Not sure if we will see a fix. All none apple apps use the WKInterfaceVolumeControl wrapped in a WKInterfaceObjectRepresentable which stopped working we have seen. but the NowPlaying() swift control works just find where it uses Apples own volume control that is slim. The fix for the other apps would be to switch to using the apple now playing view, which isn't ideal.