SCNNode slows down even with constant velocity set

I have created an App with SceneKit where I have a series of walls (lines made with a SCNShapeNode) and a ball (SCNNode using an SCNSphere). The ball is supposed to continue with a constant speed regardless of where it goes, just changing directions whenever it hits a wall. However, the ball slows down and comes to a stop after a short while. If I start it close to a wall, it bounces off the wall in the correct direction, but then still ends up slowing down to a stop after a short while.

Here is how the balls are created:

let sphere = SCNSphere(radius: 1.0)
var sphereNode1: SCNNode?
let sphereNode1 = SCNNode(geometry: sphere)
let theBody1 = SCNPhysicsBody(type: .dynamic, shape: SCNPhysicsShape(geometry: sphere))

sphereNode1.worldPosition = SCNVector3(0,20,0)
sphereNode1.physicsBody = theBody1
//sphereNode1.physicsBody!.velocity = SCNVector3(0.0, 2.0, 0.0)
sphereNode1.physicsBody!.applyForce(SCNVector3(0.0, 2.0, 0.0), asImpulse: true)
sphereNode1.physicsBody!.physicsShape = SCNPhysicsShape(geometry: sphere)
sphereNode1.physicsBody!.isAffectedByGravity = false
sphereNode1.physicsBody!.restitution = 1.0
sphereNode1.geometry?.materials = [sphereMaterial]

I tried both giving the ball a velocity and applying a force to it. Both resulted in the above mentioned actions. I can't seem to find anywhere in the documentation that suggests a way to resolve this. I actually did this same thing in the SpriteKit environment and everything worked fine.

Hopefully someone can tell me what I'm missing.

Thanks,

Michael

Well, you need to apply some force to the object to keep it going. Think about it.

I don't need to keep doing that in SpriteKit. So, what's the difference here? If I turn off Gravity, turn off Friction, then what slows it down. Physics 101: An object in motion remains in motion until acted upon by another force. Shouldn't I be able to have an object that continues to move until acted upon?

SCNNode slows down even with constant velocity set

Q