App Only Crashes on Launch in iOS 17.4 for Production Version

Hello,

I'm encountering an issue where my released app fails to launch only on iOS 17.4. The version of the app released through TestFlight works fine without any issues.

Specifically, when the app installed from the App Store is launched on iOS 17.4, it immediately crashes. However, I've noticed the following:

• If I turn off the network connection, such as putting the device in Airplane Mode, the app launches successfully.
  • Once the app is launched, I can re-enable the network connection, and the app continues to run without crashing.

My app uses StoreKit2 for handling transactions and connections with the App Store. It initiates a connection to the App Store via StoreKit2 at launch. The primary difference between the TestFlight version and the production version is the App Store endpoint they connect to. This leads me to suspect that there might be an issue with the connection to the App Store.

(Another possibility is that the app communicates with Firebase or Google Admob, so there could be an issue with these SDKs as well.)

This issue only occurs in the production version, making it difficult to investigate. Are there any suggestions on what I can do to further diagnose this issue?

You can download my app from here: https://apps.apple.com/us/app/repeatable-player-cut-loop/id616310281

I can provide the TestFlight URL if needed.

Any help or guidance would be greatly appreciated.

Post not yet marked as solved Up vote post of hmuronaka Down vote post of hmuronaka
1.5k views

Replies

This issue is likely caused by the following problem with Firebase. Apologies for suspecting StoreKit2.

Release note: v10.22.0

Related: