Xcode error when trying to preview on my iPhone.

I keep getting the error: "Embedded binary is not signed with the same certificate as the parent app. Verify the embedded binary target's code sign settings match the parent app's."

I don't know why. The only thing I can think of is that my iPhone is signed into a different Apple ID than the one I'm using for my Xcode signing. But I'm not sure because I can't find any info about it online.

Replies

Hi,

Sorry to hear you are having problems getting previews working. The best next step will be to file a feedback with diagnostics so we can take a look.

Steps to generate helpful diagnostics:

1. Download and install the logging profile on all devices involved. In your case it sounds like an iPhone and a Mac. Instructions and profiles are available here: https://developer.apple.com/bug-reporting/profiles-and-logs/?name=swift
  2. Reproduce the issue
  3. Click the "Diagnostics" button in the error banner in Previews' Canvas area (or if the banner is missing you can use the menu: Editor > Canvas > Diagnostics)
  4. In the sheet that appears, click "Generate Report" in the bottom left of the sheet
  5. Attach (or make from the folder) the resulting zip file to the bug report (will be named something like previews-diagnostics-0123456789.zip)
  6. Generate the sysdiagnose(s) and attach those too

The error only appears when I select my iPhone as a run destination. And it started happening when I switched my Apple ID for my Developer Account.

• Does a Build+Run targeting the same device successfully build the app, install it to your phone and launch it?

Add a Comment