Rejected for Spam

Hello, hope all is well to whoever is reading this. I’m a new, self-taught developer posting this for some feedback and to see what my options are. I have an app on the App Store called RecipeRealm, which I have been attempting to submit an update for. My update uses the same metadata/binary and has a very similar design as the app that’s available on the App Store, I just made significant improvements and fixed/added other components for a recipe app. I've submitted several different update versions since it was initially approved, but they have all been rejected. This is how the rejection email always starts: "We still noticed your app shares a similar binary, metadata, and/or concept as apps previously submitted by a terminated Apple Developer Program account." I don't understand why my initial app was approved if this is the case, I am only updating the existing app so I’m not understanding why I’m getting this rejection now, upon trying to submit updates. I also have never had another Apple Developer Program account, and have never been terminated. I would really appreciate any insight that could be provided.