After updating to Xcode 15.3 - "Profile doesn't include the com.apple.developer.mail-client entitlement"

After updating to Xcode 15.3 and Sonoma, I started getting an error when packaging my app:

Provisioning profile failed qualification Profile doesn't include the com.apple.developer.mail-client entitlement.

There is no indication in the documentation that this has anything to do with the provisioning profile, and there is no capacility that needs to be added.

I was given the "com.apple.developer.mail-client" entitlement from Apple over a year ago as documented in: https://developer.apple.com/documentation/bundleresources/entitlements/com_apple_developer_mail-client, and it worked fine until now.

Replies

On iOS and its child platforms, all entitlements must be authorised a provisioning profile. I talk about this in some detail in TN3125 Inside Code Signing: Provisioning Profiles.

I’m not really up-to-speed on this managed capability but I suspect it works through the old process described in this thread. If so, you need to manually enable it on your profile and then use manual code signing to apply that profile.

there is no capacility that needs to be added.

Right. If it uses the old process, that doesn’t show up in Signing & Capabilities.

Share and Enjoy

Quinn “The Eskimo!” @ Developer Technical Support @ Apple
let myEmail = "eskimo" + "1" + "@" + "apple.com"