macOS undo sometimes called multiple times

I've a non-document based single window (mostly) SwiftUI app. In my observable app state class an undo manager is defined and changes are registered using that manager. This has not been a problem in the past. But now...

1st is a bug reported in FB13708788. I've replaced the macOS undo/redo with code that references the UndoManager I created. The menu does not reflect the current undo status. This is easily duplicated in a small app submitted with the feedback.

2nd issue is hit or miss. Sometimes selecting Undo via the menu or the keyboard invokes undo multiple times. This is rare when running the app, but it has happened. On the other hand undo is always invoked multiple times when running an XCUITests. A little logging shows the invocations are quite close together.

Undo invoked at 2024-04-05 13:14:19.975570-0700 Undo invoked at 2024-04-05 13:14:19.975768-0700

Calls were only 198 microsec apart. The test makes a change, makes a second change, then tried to undo the second change. Both changes are undone. But not (usually) if I perform the exact steps by hand instead of as an XCTest.

Any ideas on how I might track down the cause?

Mac Studio M2 Max running 14.4.1.