Error 159 - Sandbox restriction when connecting to XPC service

Hello Apple Developer Community,

I'm encountering an issue with my macOS application where I'm receiving the following error message:

Error Domain=NSCocoaErrorDomain Code=4099 "The connection to service named com.FxPlugTestXPC was invalidated: failed at lookup with error 159 - Sandbox restriction." UserInfo={NSDebugDescription=The connection to service named com.FxPlugTestXPC was invalidated: failed at lookup with error 159 - Sandbox restriction.}

This error occurs when my application tries to establish a connection to an XPC service named com.FxPlugTestXPC. It appears to be related to a sandbox restriction, but I'm unsure how to resolve it.

I've checked the sandboxing entitlements and ensured that the necessary permissions are in place. However, the issue persists.

Has anyone encountered a similar error before? If so, could you please provide guidance on how to troubleshoot and resolve this issue?

Any help or insights would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you.

this is some photos about my entitlements :

Accepted Reply

I am facing a challenge when trying to create a filter for images using FxPlug, with the intention of later integrating it into Motion or Final Cut Pro. The problem arises when the connection to the XPC service I am using is lost.

When configuring the FxPlug SDK in Xcode and building the application, it appears that the XPC service is no longer available. This disconnection prevents my application from correctly interacting with the XPC service required for the image filter.

I would appreciate any guidance or suggestions on how to fix this issue and restore the connection to the XPC service so that my application can work as intended @DarrinC @eskimo

Replies

Please file a feedback request with the issues you've found. We don't currently have any tutorials, so please file a feedback request for that, as well, and describe anything in particular that you'd like it to show.