How can I create a .ipa file ??

Hello everyone!!

I am writing to inquire about the procedures for testing an application I am developing for iOS devices. The application has been developed using Flutter, and I would like to make it available for testing on my colleague's iPhone, who serves as our QA tester.

Currently, my account on the App Store is free, and I would like to ensure proper testing before proceeding with deployment to the Apple Store. As the application is quite large, I am unable to provide it in debug mode on the QA tester's device. Therefore, I would like to enable them to use the application on their personal device for a few days to provide comprehensive feedback on performance and features.

Could you please provide guidance on how to proceed with this beta testing process? I am committed to adhering to all of Apple's guidelines and policies to ensure a high-quality user experience.

I would be very grateful if anyone could help me out on this, Thank you.

Replies

It should be feasible to do this using a Personal Team. That feature has significant limitations, but it sounds like it’s sufficient for your goal. For the details, see Developer > Support > Choosing a Membership.

To start off, you’ll need to connect your colleagues device to your Mac so that you can run the app once directly from Xcode.

Share and Enjoy

Quinn “The Eskimo!” @ Developer Technical Support @ Apple
let myEmail = "eskimo" + "1" + "@" + "apple.com"

But in this case, I need to leave my xcode running the software while it tests, correct? I don't want to have to leave my Mac with him for him to test, I want him to be free to test wherever and whenever he wants, without my intervention being necessary.