application doesn't start anymore after codesign

Hi,

I have codesigned my application and after this macos won't run the binary anymore.

codesign -f -o runtime --timestamp -s "Developer ID Application: YOUR NAME (TEAM_ID)" --entitlements $HOME/workspace/GSequencer-cocoa/gsequencer-macos/macos-contrib/GSequencer.entitlements -i com.gsequencer.GSequencer --deep $HOME/workspace/GSequencer-cocoa/gsequencer-macos/build/universal/GSequencer.app

Verify signature works.

codesign -vv $HOME/workspace/GSequencer-cocoa/gsequencer-macos/build/universal/GSequencer.app

The same for the DMG file, still doesn't work anymore.

codesign -f -o runtime --timestamp -s "Developer ID Application: YOUR NAME (TEAM_ID)" $HOME/workspace/GSequencer-cocoa/gsequencer-macos/build/arm64/GSequencer-6.9.1.dmg

I would love to distribute my application with code signing. Note all libraries are built using clang or clang++.

I figured out that when I leave entitlements away it would launch but complains about library signatures.

regards, Joël

Replies

Is this a different app from the one you’re talking about in your other thread?

When you sign code by hand it’s not sufficient to sign just the app. You have to sign all the code embedded in the app. Creating distribution-signed code for macOS talks about this at length.

Share and Enjoy

Quinn “The Eskimo!” @ Developer Technical Support @ Apple
let myEmail = "eskimo" + "1" + "@" + "apple.com"