iOS to Android H264 encoding issue.

I'm trying to cast the screen from an iOS device to an Android device.

I'm leveraging ReplayKit on iOS to capture the screen and VideoToolbox for compressing the captured video data into H.264 format using CMSampleBuffers. Both iOS and Android are configured for H.264 compression and decompression.

While screen casting works flawlessly within the same platform (iOS to iOS or Android to Android), I'm encountering an error ("not in avi mode") on the Android receiver when casting from iOS. My research suggests that the underlying container formats for H.264 might differ between iOS and Android.

Data transmission over the TCP socket seems to be functioning correctly.

My question is:

Is there a way to ensure a common container format for H.264 compression and decompression across iOS and Android platforms?

Here's a breakdown of the iOS sender details:

Device: iPhone 13 mini running iOS 17 Development Environment: Xcode 15 with a minimum deployment target of iOS 16 Screen Capture: ReplayKit for capturing the screen and obtaining CMSampleBuffers Video Compression: VideoToolbox for H.264 compression Compression Properties: kVTCompressionPropertyKey_ConstantBitRate: 6144000 (bitrate) kVTCompressionPropertyKey_ProfileLevel: kVTProfileLevel_H264_Main_AutoLevel (profile and level) kVTCompressionPropertyKey_MaxKeyFrameInterval: 60 (maximum keyframe interval) kVTCompressionPropertyKey_RealTime: true (real-time encoding) kVTCompressionPropertyKey_Quality: 1 (lowest quality) NAL Unit Handling: Custom header is added to NAL units Android Receiver Details:

Device: RedMi 7A running Android 10 Video Decoding: MediaCodec API for receiving and decoding the H.264 stream

iOS to Android H264 encoding issue.

Q