Yet another change to forum interface. Is it worth it ?

The UI of the forum is profoundly changed. For what benefit ? It seems forum is more and more painful to use at each major revamp.

Is it only me who cannot see the improvements ?

Answered by Forums Product Manager in 789819022

@Claude31 - First, thanks for being a top contributor to the Apple Developer Forums, and this community - your efforts do not go unnoticed.

Second - if you haven't already seen it - we've shared a bit more insight behind the changes here. We know a major UI change can be an adjustment - we hope you'll find the latest changes, both those that are very visible, and the ones behind the scenes, an improvement for developers and the community.

Lastly - We welcome feedback and feature requests.

Just to test, I reply to my own post. No more possible to edit full width (hiding the preview) ?

And the total width has been reduced. It seems a bit awkward to say the least on a 27" screen…

If I wanted to post some code, that would really be messy.

For the restricted width, you can use StopTheMadness plugin for Safari (or similar) and inject a CSS for this specific page (https://developer.apple.com/forums)

html body #main-content {
  width: 87.5% !important;
}

If this is actually Discourse, yes, it's worth it. I just wish they'd revert most of their styling changes.

If it's just a Discourse ripoff, it still looks like an improvement, I just hope they can keep matching the features.

Speaking personally, I find a lot of things to like about the latest iteration of DevForums. If you run into specific problems, I’d love to hear your feedback.

Speaking of which:

No more possible to edit full width

Indeed. There’s no need to file a bug about that one (r. 128664053:-).

Share and Enjoy

Quinn “The Eskimo!” @ Developer Technical Support @ Apple
let myEmail = "eskimo" + "1" + "@" + "apple.com"

Thanks Quinn. So I'll wait a few more weeks to get accustomed and hopefully appreciate.

What I'd love to have is a native app to access the forums, I find the site's loading time to be frustrating. The best place would probably be in the Developer app.

I tried using the DiscourseHub app but it doesn't seem like this is a Discourse site, or maybe they disabled the mobile API.

@Claude31 - First, thanks for being a top contributor to the Apple Developer Forums, and this community - your efforts do not go unnoticed.

Second - if you haven't already seen it - we've shared a bit more insight behind the changes here. We know a major UI change can be an adjustment - we hope you'll find the latest changes, both those that are very visible, and the ones behind the scenes, an improvement for developers and the community.

Lastly - We welcome feedback and feature requests.

Yet another change to forum interface. Is it worth it ?

Q