Intermittent merchant validation

Hello,

I've recently created a merchant ID and added two domains to it. I placed the verification .txt files in the right place (under the .well-known dir) and both verified successfully and show as such in the merchant id setup page.

I am intermittently getting the following error:

{ "statusMessage": "Payment Services Exception merchantId=XXXXX not registered for domain=my.domain.com", "statusCode": "400" }

(merchantId and domain have been masked in the above error) -- What's odd is that this is intermittent -- It'll work fine, and then stop and start giving the above error, and then start working fine again, with no intervention from me.

Some context: This is a single server application, so it's not like we've got a server out of sync somewhere.

Thoughts?

Any thoughts?

Answered by tjf12 in 789992022

This seems to have cleared up on its own after some time. There was definitely an issue at Apple, however. Nothing changed on our side throughout the entire issue and resolution.

Accepted Answer

This seems to have cleared up on its own after some time. There was definitely an issue at Apple, however. Nothing changed on our side throughout the entire issue and resolution.

We are currently getting the same now with our solution. The first attempt might fail and if you retry then it works.

Here's hoping it will go away...

Observing the same issue. Even managed to see it happen live on a device on our website. Oddity is that first attempt failed with the same "merchantId=XXXXX not registered for domain" message, then on second attempt on same device and some website just a few minutes apart, it worked without issue. But this behaviour appears rare so far - only on some devices and sometimes the first payment does it error like this...but not always.

Only unusual thing on our side is that we swapped acquirers and had to create a new Apple Pay certificate.

Intermittent merchant validation

Q