Swift Assist

Hi,

I'm testing out Xcode 16 beta and I have a couple of questions:

1. Is Swift Assist only available on Sequoia? I see that predictive code completion is per https://www.apple.com/newsroom/2024/06/apple-empowers-developers-and-fuels-innovation-with-new-tools-and-resources/, but I tried the beta on Sonoma and I'm not seeing it
  2. Regarding Swift Assist - I understand that code is only used to process requests and never stored on servers, and Apple will not use it to train machine learning models. However, my company's security team may still decide that using Swift Assist is too much of a risk. How can we disable it across multiple developer machines?

Thank you!

Answered by Documentation Engineer in 790058022

As noted in the Xcode 16 Highlights Page, Swift Assist is coming later this year. More information will be available then.

1. I'm current on Sequoia/ Xcode 16, it works

Swift Assist did not work on Sonoma for me. Predictive code completion seems to be working thus far. However, the more advanced prompt options are probably not available yet

2. If you're talking about disabling predictive code completion and suggested completions while typing. Xcode < Settings < Text Editing. I believe the options you were looking for maybe be in here here. You can also uninstall the model in components.

As noted in the Xcode 16 Highlights Page, Swift Assist is coming later this year. More information will be available then.

Swift Assist

Q