"Error: Intent of type INStartCallIntent is not supported for this app category"

I am trying to make a voip car play app using siri

let assistant = CPAssistantCellConfiguration(position: .top, visibility: .always, assistantAction: .startCall)
    let siriTmeplate = CPListTemplate(title: "Siri", sections: [sectionItems, loadingSection], assistantCellConfiguration: assistant)
    siriTmeplate.tabSystemItem = .recents
    siriTmeplate.showsTabBadge = false

Using the above code gives me the error "Error: Intent of type INStartCallIntent is not supported for this app category" on app luanch

I have INStartCallIntent in my apps info plist and I have all the entitlements and I have "business" as the app category,

I can fine 0 help online with this. what does this error really mean and how can I fix it please

Answered by crissmyers in 790362022

Hi, thanks but I have declared that

<key>com.apple.developer.carplay-audio</key>
<true/>
<key>com.apple.developer.carplay-calling</key>
<true/>
<key>com.apple.developer.carplay-communication</key>
<true/>

and it doesnt work, thats my problem

Hi, the INStartCallIntent is available only for communications template apps. There are several different categories of CarPlay apps, distinguished by the type of entitlement your app declares. Your app will need to declare the communications template entitlement to use this intent.

Accepted Answer

Hi, thanks but I have declared that

<key>com.apple.developer.carplay-audio</key>
<true/>
<key>com.apple.developer.carplay-calling</key>
<true/>
<key>com.apple.developer.carplay-communication</key>
<true/>

and it doesnt work, thats my problem

"Error: Intent of type INStartCallIntent is not supported for this app category"

Q